Sunday, July 25, 2010

Running Man or How my Dad celebrated his 63rd birthday

My father decided to run the Peachtree Marathon in Georgia this year and signed on for an extensive 12 week training course to prepare.  Had had a set program to follow on most days with runs scheduled with a group of other runners on Saturday.  The picture above is from the training run just before the race on July 4th- my dad turned 63 on July 5th.  We are so proud of him for finishing the race and in good time as well.  He has aspirations of repeating the race next year and shaving some time off of his run-way to go!!!!

photo provided by a friend named Vicki-thanks so much

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your Dad for finishing a marathon.. That is a lot of miles.. I know Our Boston Marathon is a killer but I'd just like to do a 5K in under an hour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That is incredible! Congratulations to your dad! I bet he is feeling good after that! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your dad. That is no small feat. My husband is runs marathons. I've seen how much training goes into them. Great job! Give him a high five from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please tell your DAD I said "BRAVO! Encore~Encore!" That is quite an accomplishment.
    I ran two 5K races while in my early 50's. I couldn't run for the bus now! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Sewing Projects


Followers

Search This Blog