Thursday, July 8, 2010




Cliff requested a fresh cherry pie with lattice cream cheese pie crust. I am not proficient at rolling out the dough- much less weaving the strips. You can see that I cheated making the lattice- just laid them across each other and did not weave them-next time I will chill the dough strips before picking them up to weave. It's nice to know my husband has confidence in my abilities.

The cherries had to be pitted by hand- Williams Sonoma- my best chance at finding a pitter- was sold out of them. So I pitted 3 pounds of cherries by hand. Took quite a few hand washings to get all the stains from our my cuticles. Good thing I love my husband.

The pie was delicious and the cream cheese was a nice addition to the crust- good flavor and very flaky. And- Hubby was most thankful and commented several times on how much better this pie was instead of using canned filling and the addition of cream cheese to the crust.

I have to add- we do not often eat such decadent desserts- but my husband had a cherry pie craving and it was father's day.

3 comments:

  1. Holy Moly! You have the patience of Job if you pitted all those cherries by hand. 10,000 patience points to you! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

    Do you miss teaching in a classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. JI and I saw cherry pitters at Bed Bath & Beyond this week. He was dying for me to buy one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up with cherry trees all around our property & every summer my Mom would make TONS of cherry pies & cobbler. Guess who did all the pitting??? Yep, us kids! I know exactly what you're talking about, Honey, but it was soooo worth it. I would give anything to have a piece of my Mom's cobbler again. :-)

    BTW, I think your crust looks lovely! I've never bothered to even try a lattice look!!

    ReplyDelete

Sewing Projects


Followers

Search This Blog