Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What are You Reading???

Currently - I am reading the above books- make that rereading Screen Doors and Sweet Tea by Martha Hall Foose- a real treat, I promise- you will love reading her humourous tales that preclude each recipe- even if you are not southern.  Wonderful recipes as well- my favorite is the Chile Lime Skirt Steak recipe and my favorite story would be for the mailbox cocktail - you will have to read it yourself- check your local library for a copy.

So Easy by Ellie Krieger is written in a format that I like- divided by breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert recipes that are all healthy and tasty.  Be sure to check out her recommendations for healthy pantry staples.

Month-by-Month Gardening in the South by Don and Chris Hastings is another book that has provided lots of useful information.  As you might guess - the book covers each month and is subdivided into shade and flowering trees, shrubs and vines, fruits, roses, flowers, vegetables, houseplants and lawns.  Each categories lists jobs that can be dones during each month-very helpful- I do not also remember when to prune my roses and how to do so for each type- so - very helpful. 

What are you reading???

4 comments:

  1. Well, I do tend to look through decorating and house plan mags pretty much at some point everyday, but as actual reading I'm reading through the Bible a second time and started with the NT, now I'm back in Genesis and enjoying that. I also am reading a devotional called, "Jesus Calling" which I am really enjoying. I read a little bit in "War and Peace" occasionally and might someday actually finish it! Thanks for stopping by! Yes, I was in my pjs! I really wanted to do something "Lucy" with an apron, but never got around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks like something I would love to read, Alecia! It reminds me of 'Being Dead is No Excuse: The Official Southern Ladies Guide to Hosting the Perfect Funeral' What a hoot that one was & full of great recipes, too.

    I'm currently wading through 'Ahab's Wife', my FL bookclub's selection for this month. I feel like I'm drowning myself. Its a difficult read but I will finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooops...I always forget something! Thanks for the suggestion of a spring risotto. It reminded me that I have a FABULOUS orzo recipe from a French Canadian who lived near us in FL. It is OUTSTANDING & I will do a post about it after I make it. I know you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading cookbooks too. Lately, I bought a new one by Taste of Home called Church Suppers. There are some really good recipes in it.

    ReplyDelete

Sewing Projects


Followers

Search This Blog