This was one of the meals we had for dinner this week. My husband really likes it a lot and it is quick and easy to make- in addition to having less than 7 grams a fat per serving and around 40 grams of protein- we won't mention the sodium or cholestrol count!!
- pasta of your choice- I ended up using fettucine because I made the sauce a little thicker- thin spaghetti also works fine
- 6 oz of roasted red peppers- you can find these in a jar at the market
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup juice from your roasted peppers or use chicken broth
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp red pepper and smoked paprika
- 1 lb. cooked and peeled shrimp
- basil for garnish is desired
Process peppers and next 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Pour mixture into a large skillet.
Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until throughly heated- stir often. Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and serve over the pasta. Garnish with basil if desired.
Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday.