Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Time to Reflect


The hustle and bustle of Christmas has now passed. Our home is still decorated for Christmas, the trees are still up, the wreaths are still on the windows, the Christams china is still being used. To me the week after Christmas is the perfect time to be STILL and to REFLECT on the year- all its blessings and its sorrows. One of our Christams traditions is to write in the annual Christmas book important details of the year. We enjoy reading the entries each year and then adding the current year's information. This book was started with Lauren's first Christmas in 2004 and has space for 20 years. I like to think she will treasure this book when she is older and remember people and events of the past.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! I have never seen one of those. I'm sure she will treasure it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tradion, Alecia! I wish I had started one a looooong time ago. I know Lauren will appreciate having it for many years to come.

    Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete

Sewing Projects


Followers

Search This Blog