Sunday, May 23, 2010

Crusty Rolls for Po Bo's and Muffeleta/Passion for Baking by Marcy Goldman






The menu this week called for Oyster Po boys-reasoning- we had originally scheduled a beach trip, but between the oil spill threatening to wash ashore and my husband on sulfa drugs that cause sun sensitivities- we stayed home. I chose to make the bread using the recipe for crusty rolls from Marcy Goldman's Passion for Baking .  She even has a webiste click here that features free recipes and a newsletter with tips for baking.  This book has an abundance of really good and different recipes for a variety of baked goods- I am especially drawn to the yeasted bread ones.  She also a yummy dessert recipes as well.  Here are some pics of the crusty bread in different stages...quick sponge, the dough mixed all together, the risen dough (almost to the top of the mixer bowl), and shaped rolls and the baked rolls.  Will definitely use this recipe again- it makes 12 delicious rolls.


1 comment:

  1. ♫ ♫ Yummo! ♫ ♫ These look sooooo delicious, Alecia! I'm sorry your trip to the shore got canceled but you have made good use of the time.

    Hoping your DH is feeling better. I was put on a sulfa drug some 25 yrs. ago & was never told that it causes sun sensitivities. I was in AZ & laid out to work on a tan & got the WORST sunburn of my entire life!!!! I looked horrific!
    I'm glad you guys were informed & are being careful.

    ReplyDelete

Sewing Projects


Followers

Search This Blog